Monday, August 8, 2011

Another blessed morning, and a opportunity for ministry

So this morning, I had an awesome chat with Christina. Afterward, at about 8:30 am I worshiped a bit, and then went for a walk to get some exercise and 'enjoy' the ridiculously hot and humid weather.

As I walked, I listened to worship music, and was looking forward to finding some nice cafe/bakery, having a  morning coffee and something to eat.

I found this nice place, near the river and went inside. Again, Jesus has felt so close to me, I don't know how to explain it, but I am supremely happy. I finished listening to a podcast, and during the end of it, I though about how I could just leave this cafe, or I could do something, the smallest thing, to leave the fragrance of Christ with the barrister working.

So, when I finished my drink and food, I placed my cutlery on the tray and placed a Gospel tract on it for her, and handed it to her.

I know it's a small thing, but its something I could do, so I did it.

God be praised, I pray more and more that he would humble me from any worldly desires and Christian desires that aren't centred on being in love with him and laying my life down for the one. For the one person who happens to be in front of me, and to love the person with whom I am in any moment.

Not to live in the future, and see the multitude, but see the one, the barrister, the orphan, the co-worker, the christian brother or sister who needs some encouragement. And living my whole life with this kind of single loving focus

Amen, :)

2 comments: